- February 27, 2015
- 1,263 views
The following blog considers the top 7 tips for the facility management of schools…
Good school facility and maintenance management is based on the planning and execution of a proactive methodology intended to manage assets within a school system, and in particular property premises. Those in charge of managing school premises should seek to:
- Extend the useful lifecycle of all school premises from roofs to doors the building fabric.
- Provide a quick response to daily and weekly maintenance problems.
- Organise and plan large and longer term projects such as redecorations and maintenance of the building fabric such as windows and roofs.
- Identify potential problems with on-going routines of inspection rounds, enabling preventative maintenance to be scheduled accordingly.
- Keep a log of all work needed, work being done and work performed.
- Provide school management teams with useful reports that aid accurate capital planning and expenditure.
- Become more efficient so that all the above can be accomplished within the same budget and staffing levels.