CS2 are looking to recruit two building surveyors to join our Bristol Team.
At CS2 we advise investors, developers, occupiers and owners on commercial property and construction. Our services include construction consultancy, building surveying, dilapidations and cost consultancy, covering a range of sectors including retail, industrial and defence. CS2 was founded in 1999 by a group of surveyors and has grown from strength to strength. We now have a growing team of over 60 experts based across London, Birmingham, Bristol, Manchester, Milton Keynes and Northampton.
We are committed to helping our employees become the best they can be, with on-going training opportunities, new challenges and great career prospects. All with a rewarding work/life balance.
With determination and dedication from our employees are we able to provide our clients with a great service and create long-term relationships. We want to attract and retain the best employees, fill them with encouragement in order to keep delivering this excellent service.
Everything we do is underpinned by Integrated Thinking™ and it is passion, partnership and performance that drive us and ensure we deliver the best outcomes for our clients – first time, every time.
As the Company grows we are looking to recruit a Senior Building Surveyor. You will be joining a Company that has the vision to deliver the most innovative and customer focused surveying and consultancy services to our clients.
You will be responsible for providing a full building surveying service to the clients of the business across a range of sectors, as well as giving support and advice to other members of the building surveying team.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Provide professional building surveying by carrying out duties including building inspections, acquisition surveys, dilapidations, contract administration, maintenance and refurbishment projects, schedules of condition, party wall awards etc.
- Effectively communicate with both internal and external parties ensuring all information is available for the successful implementation and completion of projects.
- Maintain relationships with existing clients and develop new client contacts and business opportunities.
- Develop relevant knowledge and skills through regular CPD activities and maintain an up-to-date awareness of all necessary legislation affecting the technical aspects of building surveying, sharing knowledge and information where appropriate.
- Liaise and attend meetings with other Company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development.
- Prepare and submit relevant administration in a timely and accurate manner, for example timesheets, expenses, database applications etc.
- Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of equipment and materials for which the role has responsibility.
- Adhere to stated policies and procedures relating to health and safety, and quality management.
- This is indicative of the role, however, there will be other duties and responsibilities that you may be required to undertake from time to time.
What Is Essential to the Role
- Strong and demonstrable dilapidation experience
- A relevant university degree, or equivalent.
- Experience of dealing with and providing advice on a range of building related matters
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications e.g. Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Understanding of the needs and demands of clients and having will to exceed their expectations
- Be commercially aware
- Able to prioritise workload and planning ahead as required
- Confident communicator both verbally and in writing
- Able to work individually or in a team
- Effective negotiating skills and be able to work and achieve fee targets
- Motivated and professional with the drive to succeed
- You must have attention to detail and illustrate accuracy, enthusiasm, a diplomatic attitude and be reliable
What Is Desirable For You To Have
- Post-qualification experience and currently working at a senior level
- Knowledge of industry specific software, such as AutoCAD, NBS, Microsoft Project.
- Excellent business development skills
- RICS Accredited
- Competitive Salary
- Car Allowance
- Company Phone allowance
- 4% Company Pension Contribution up to 5% company matched
- 23 Days Holiday Plus your 8 Bank Holidays
- Life Assurance
- Flexible working
- Reimbursements on Eye Tests
- Reimbursement on Flu Vaccinations
Please submit letter of application and CV in the first instance to: email@example.com.