CS2’s job is to deliver the most innovative and customer focused surveying and consultancy services. We aim to operate at the forefront of the surveying world and provide solutions and innovation to our clients. We work hard to embed our advice at the centre of our clients operational and financial business decisions. Understanding our clients is important as they sit at the centre of everything we do, ensuring we deliver optimum outcome and service. CS2 reward its staff for excellence and align ourselves with the best in class partners and supply chain. Our staff are integral to our success and we continue to nurture their development at every level.
As an Associate Director Building Surveyor in CS2 you will aim for excellence and provide full building surveying services to clients and within the business and manage a team of surveyors. You will also be expected to develop and win new business. In addition, you will work collaboratively with the rest of the business to encourage innovation, cross working support and cost-efficient working. You will be reporting to the Manchester Office Director, overseeing a team of three and have responsibility for two key retail clients.
- Oversee and manage a team of three, taking on a key leadership role within the Manchester Office.
- Delegate work where appropriate, coach, mentor and train members of staff and carry our quarterly performance reviews and other employee relations issues where necessary.
- Provide excellent and professional building surveying to clients, including building inspections, acquisition surveys, dilapidations, contract administration, maintenance and refurbishment projects, schedules of condition, party wall awards
- Have perspective and have knowledge of sectors such as education, residential, social housing, retail, industrial and logistics, office, student accommodation, NHS, defence.
- You must generate your own workload and be able delegate affectively where appropriate.
- You will be in charge of the day to day managements of a small/large team of surveyors. You will be responsible for progress of team as well as performance and development of that team. You will be required to carry out performance reviews and manage the process with HR. Mentor and guide your team and peers to ensure targets are met.
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively with all peers, clients, suppliers, contractors and anyone else you deal with whilst representing the Company to ensure successful outcomes or projects internally and externally.
- Understand client demands and exceed their expectations. Commit to you clients and peers to build and develop solid relationships, new client contacts and business opportunities. This will include attending internal and external events, attend client meetings, as well as hosting, introduce clients to other clients or contacts of interest.
- Be open and adaptable with the ability to reflect on what you do everyday and develop your knowledge and skillset through regular CDP activities. Continue to develop yourself so that you are empowered with the most advanced knowledge and legislation which can affect technicalities of construction; sharing the knowledge across the Company.
- Submit relevant administration according to deadlines and with accuracy; timesheets, expenses, database applications.
- You must adhere to procedures and policies relation to quality of management, health and safety and the proper use of equipment and materials and
- Achieve fee and work winning targets set
- These responsibilities are indicative of the role, however there will be other responsibilities that you may be required to undertake from time to time.
Job Qualifications and Requirements
You will have;
- A bachelor’s degree in Building Surveying accredited by RICS
- Minimum 5 years’ experience post qualification of providing building surveying advice
- An extensive knowledge of industry specific software such as AutoCAD, NBS, Microsoft Projects
- Experienced in managing a team
- Knowledge of frameworks/bid writing
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
- The ability to generate new work
- Commercial awareness
- Prioritise work
- Confident in communication verbally and in writing
- Team player and work well independently with autonomy
- Negotiating skills
- Attention to detail
- Good business development skills
- Possess excellent leadership skills; good with people, sufficient social awareness
- Socially adept to network at seminars and corporate events
You ideally should be;
- Motivated, professional and on a journey to continuously develop themselves
- Competitive Salary
- Car Allowance
- Microsoft Surface
- Company Phone/Phone Allowance
- 4% Company Pension Contribution
- 24 Days Holiday Plus your 8 Bank Holidays
- Life Assurance two times your salary
- AXA Health Care
- Flu vaccination and eye test reimbursements
- 2 additional annual leave days given at 10 Year Service
- 2 additional annual leave days given if Christmas Eve and New Years Eve fall on a weekday
Please submit letter of application and CV in the first instance to: email@example.com