CS2’s job is to deliver the most innovative and customer focused surveying and consultancy services. We aim to operate at the forefront of the surveying world and provide solutions and innovation to our clients. We work hard to embed our advice at the centre of our clients operational and financial business decisions. Understanding our clients is important as they sit at the centre of everything we do, ensuring we deliver optimum outcome and service. CS2 reward its staff for excellence and align ourselves with the best in class partners and supply chain. Our staff are integral to our success and we continue to nurture their development at every level.
As a Senior Building Surveyor in CS2 you will aim for excellence and provide full building surveying services to clients and within the business. In addition, work collaboratively with the rest of the business to encourage innovation, cross working support and efficient working. You will be working in the Birmingham Office with a small team and will be working on a £4m office refurb, a £2m office redevelopment, a £20m industrial scheme, a £700k retail amalgamation, a £3m residential conversion scheme and a number of industrial refurbishments.
- Provide excellent and professional building surveying to clients, including; building inspections, acquisition surveys, contract administration, maintenance and refurbishment projects, schedules of condition, party wall awards. The candidate must have experience in dilapidations
- Have perspective and have knowledge of sectors such as education, residential, social housing, retail, industrial and logistics, office, student accommodation, NHS and defence.
- Communicate effective and work collaboratively with all peers, clients, suppliers, contractors and anyone else you deal with whilst representing the Company to ensure successful outcomes or projects internally and externally.
- Understand client demands and exceed their expectations. Commit to you clients and peers to build and develop solid relationships, new client contacts and business opportunities. This will include attending internal and external events, attend client meetings, as well as hosting, introduce clients to other clients or contacts of interest.
- Be open and adaptable with the ability to reflect on what you do everyday and develop your knowledge and skillset through regular CDP activities. Continue to develop yourself so that you are empowered with the most advanced knowledge and legislation which can affect technicalities of construction; sharing the knowledge across the Company.
- Submit relevant administration according to deadlines and with accuracy; timesheets, expenses, database applications.
- You must adhere to procedures and policies relation to quality of management, health and safety and the proper use of equipment and materials and
- Achieve fee and work winning targets set
- These responsibilities are indicative of the role, however there will be other responsibilities that you may be required to undertake from time to time.
Job Qualifications and Requirements
The ideal candidate will have;
- A bachelor’s degree in Building Surveying accredited by RICS
- 5+ years experience providing building surveying advice
- Knowledge of industry specific software such as AutoCAD, NBS, Microsoft Projects
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
- Commercial awareness
- Prioritise work
- Confident in communication verbally and in writing
- Team player and work well independently with autonomy
- Negotiating skills
- Attention to detail
- Good business development skills
The ideal candidate must be;
- Motivated and professional and on a journey to continuously develop themselves
- Competitive Salary
- Car Allowance
- Company Phone/Phone Allowance
- 4% Company Pension Contribution
- 23-24 Days Holiday Plus your 8 Bank Holidays
- Life Assurance
- Microsoft Surface
- Free Eyes Tests
- Free Flu Vaccinations
Please submit letter of application and CV in the first instance to: firstname.lastname@example.org